Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tinkerbell/Pixie Hollow Birthday Party

iThis past weekend was my daughter's 6th birthday party, and we had a Tinkerbell/Pixie Hollow theme.

Crafts:
*Pixie Wands: We used wooden dowels and decorations to make the wands. I also set out sequins, glitter glue, markers, and ribbons for the girls to decorate their wands.

*Pixie Pinnies: Use the old straight clothespins to make little pixies. I set out scraps of fabric and let them design their own dresses. They used markers to draw faces and jewelry. I had pre-cut some yarn for the hair, but they were able to choose the color they wanted and trim it if they wanted to change the length. For the wings, they colored coffee filters with marker, and then we lightly spritzed them with water and let them dry before gluing them to the back.



Games:
*Pixie Hollow Treasure Hunt: I took each of the pixies and glued their picture to a notecard, then laminated it and strung a ribbon through a hole in the corner. I came up with a clue for each pixie based on their "talent" (e.g. "Rosetta is a garden fairy. She has been busy this summer growing some VERY tall flowers!")

*Pin the Wings on Tink: Version of Pin the Tail on the Donkey. I just printed out a picture of Tinkerbell and glued it to a posterboard, then made a set of wings with each girl's name.

Cake & Treats:
*We did a two-layer fondant cake, meant to look like nature with the pixies in it. The top layer was the blue sky with clouds, then the bottom had a river, grass, and flowers. My daughter had some Pixie Hollow figurines that we placed around the cake. We got lucky here because these particular figurines are meant to be on a plastic stand, so each one had a hole in its back, where we stuck a toothpick and then stuck them into the cake.

*We  borrowed an idea from this month's Family Fun magazine and made little acorns out of Hershey Kisses and mini Nilla wafers with a bit of pretzel stuck on top. We handed them out in the gift bags with a note that said, "Thank you for spending my birthday with me at Pixie Hollow!"
(Photo courtesy of Family Fun Magazine)




Pin It!

2 comments:

Kerry said...

LOVE the party pics. You are such a crafty crafter!

mackyton said...

I loved this Tinkerbell pixie theme. Seems like everyone had a great time there. Would love to arrange best and memorable birthday party at LA venue. Recently I threw my daughter a Tinkerbelle theme birthday party at one of LA venue. Made amazing décor that she loved so much.