Friday, January 21, 2011

Surviving Unplugged?

So I made it a goal this week for us to be "unplugged" by 10pm. Meaning, no TV or internet.Normally we're up until midnight, so it's turning into such a time-sucker in our home, and I don't think it's doing my marriage any favors. In my ideal world I imagine us happily cleaning the house side-by-side, studying scriptures, organizing old photos, etc. Ha ha. I'm sure that won't actually happen, but then I thought.... You know, even if all we do is sit and talk to each other, or even go to bed, that's STILL better than just mindless TV and internet.

So we've been giving it a try this week, and so far it's going well! Monday, we cleaned in the kitchen, Tuesday we cleaned the bathroom, Wednesday we cleaned the front room and visited with family, and Thursday and Friday I even busted out my new sewing machine to start learning how to use it! Wish me luck in continuing my goal! Anyone want to join me?

Pin It!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

I want to join you. You are such a good example to me. I wish I could borrow your self discipline.