Sunday, February 6, 2011

Recipe: Caramel Toffee Fruit Dip

I've talked many times about my favorite food blog, Our Best Bites. I love this blog because I'm always looking for new recipes that aren't too complicated, but don't rely on the cream-of-casseroles that are so often the standby for what moms consider to be an easy dinner. They're also great with recipes for social occasions: Superbowl, baby showers, holidays, etc. Over the next few weeks, I'm going to spotlight some of my favorite Best Bites recipes, the ones I get asked for time and time again.

I'll start with their recipe for Caramel Toffee Dip. This dip is simple to make, and great for baby showers, mom's groups, etc. The only bad thing about it is that you're sometimes caught in the compromising position of actually licking the serving bowl, which can be embarrassing in a crowd. Don't be fooled by the simplicity of this dip - it is AMAZING and I have literally NEVER seen leftovers.

Caramel Fruit Dip
1 8-oz. package cream cheese (you can use light cream cheese)
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla (you can add more to taste)
Toffee bits (look by the chocolate chips and try and find the chocolate covered ones if you can! Your dip won't be pretty, but it will sure taste good!)
 
Allow cream cheese to reach room temperature. With an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla. When ready to serve, stir in about 1/2 a bag of toffee bits. Serve with fruit.

Photo above courtesy of Our Best Bites. Link to post with recipe here.

Pin It!

No comments: