Sunday, March 31, 2013

Cadbury Mini Egg Peanut Butter Blondies

 So I realize that Easter dinner has passed and all, and it's a little late for these. I originally thought about setting these to post before Easter of next year, but then I remembered.... clearance Easter candy! So if you end up with a few bags of these after hitting Target's Easter clearance tomorrow, now you've got a plan for them! Well, a plan other than just consuming them for breakfast for the next week. Yuuuuummmmm...........

As family dinners sometimes tend to do, our Easter dinner was increased by about 10 people at the last minute. I needed another dessert, and wanted something I could do with ingredients I already had on hand. I was inspired by these Mini Egg Blondies by Bakeaholic Mama, but wanted something just a little different. I saw a recipe for Peanut Butter Blondies on Allrecipes, tweaked it a little, and came up with these tasty little guys!

Now let's be serious - how can you really go wrong when you start off like this? Cadbury Mini Eggs are my absolute favorite Easter candy. If you've never had these little babies, you really need to give them a try. So let's get started.


Cadbury Mini Egg Peanut Butter Blondies

Ingredients
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
1 c. chunky peanut butter
2 c. flour
1 t. baking powder
pinch of salt
1 c. Cadbury Mini Eggs, chopped or whole
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.

Cream butter and sugars in a mixing bowl.

Add eggs and mix well. Add vanilla and peanut butter.

Mix flour, baking powder, and salt, and add to peanut butter mixture. Top-notch baker note: This is how I "sift" my dry ingredients. Just add the baking powder to the top of the flour and stir it around a little with a teaspoon. Works for me!

Fold in Mini Eggs and chocolate chips. Oh, and by the way? These little buggers are a BEAST to chop! Next time I'm just gonna toss 'em in there whole. They kept on popping off the counter and onto the floor, and I almost had to cry at the waste. So I just ate those guys.

Bake for about 25 minutes until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Cool, cut, and serve! PS - These babies are rich. Slice small. And then eat a few.
Click up in my menu bar to see where I'm linking up!

Pin It!

2 comments:

kaylynnczy said...

Peanut Butter AND Cadburys? Talk about an addiction!
Thanks for sharing!
Kaylynn
AmongTheYoung.com

Katie@Simply Clean Living said...

I know, right? I need to get the rest of them out of my house - they are totally addicting!