Thursday, April 7, 2011

Successful meals for picky eaters

I thought we could brainstorm some dinner ideas that have been successful with picky kids.

I don't mean picky like, "Oh yeah, my kid just won't eat curry OR green beans! It drives my crazy!" I mean picky like, seriously picky. Like, won't eat meat, vegetables, most fruits, and even some carbs. Picky like, they've eaten chicken twice in their life and it was probably an accident.

I've got one of these little picky kiddos, and I have a few dinners that he actually liked. Some of these I was AMAZED and never would have thought he'd eat them.

I'd love to hear from other moms about recipes or ideas that your picky kids have actually eaten. Maybe, just maybe, it'll be a lucky meal for one of us as well!

Pin It!

4 comments:

Jill said...

I have a very picky toddler. He won't eat chicken, among a lot of other things.

Fortunately, he will eat breakfast foods, so periodically we will eat breakfast foods at dinner time. One of his favorites is my homemade sourdough whole wheat waffles. Recently, he started eating fettuccini alfredo with steamed broccoli, too.

If you have any other food suggestions for picky eaters, I am all ears.

D said...

Mine will try things if they are on my plate instead of his. He may not eat a lot of it but he will try it. I also find that if I just serve it to him and don't make a big deal out of it he will eat more things that surprise me too.
He likes the spinach ravioli with spaghetti sauce(we call it pizza noodles) from costco and recently surprised me by liking the ultimate fish sticks also from costco.

Jenni said...

My sons favorite meal is Spaghetti pie.

Brianne said...

I find that Ramen and plain noodles work the best for my picky eater. ;)