Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Getting to know Katie


I'm Katie. I spend my days hanging with these two, a little girl who's 3 (and thinks she's Taylor Swift) and a little boy who's 2 (and thinks he's a robot). We're about to welcome our third baby in August. I've been married to my husband James for five years and we live in California. We bought a little "starter home" that we're now stuck in thanks to the fancy real estate market over here. It's a really cute house, and I love it and love being close to family, but we really just do not have the room that I'd like. So my biggest challenge in my home right now is fitting another baby into a space that was very cramped to begin with, and I'm really looking forward to reading everyone's ideas on organizing!

I am naturally quite messy, and I admit that I'm proud of how far I've come since I've been married. My house will never be spotless, and I've made my peace with that. :) But my goal is to keep it clean enough that I can always invite people over without having to do much to get things company-ready. I'll post my daily cleaning routine separately in the next post.

I named this blog Simply Clean Living because I've found that living simply brings a feeling of great peace into our home. I love getting rid of unnecessary clutter and toys and having our home feel simple and organized. I also find that when I stay on top of the cleaning, even doing just the bare minimum, I am a much happier wife and mother, which in turn affects our family. I look forward to getting motivation and ideas from others on this blog!

Pin It!

1 comment:

Anissa said...

Where are more pictures of your house?! Me want to see.