Saturday, January 9, 2010

"The best chicken nuggets in town!"

A few nights ago we tried this recipe for Baked Chicken Nuggets from allrecipes.com. I had tried one previously that was so nasty that we had to throw them away. :( But these were delicious.

I've posted before about my very picky 2-year-old. I'll admit that he has never eaten chicken (other than at a fast-food restaurant), but he gobbled these up! My daughter told me they were "The best chicken nuggets in town!" Give them a try, they were tasty!

Baked Chicken Nuggets

Ingredients
3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon dried basil
1/2 cup butter, melted
Directions
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2.Cut chicken breasts into 1 1/2 inch size pieces. In a medium bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, cheese, salt, thyme and basil. Mix well. Put melted butter/margarine in a bowl or dish for dipping.
3.Dip chicken pieces into the melted butter/margarine first, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Place well coated chicken pieces on a lightly greased cookie sheet in a single layer, and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.

*Notes: I also added a teaspoon of garlic powder. Next time I'll make less of the bread crumb mixutre, because I had TONS left over.

Pin It!

No comments: